NEWPORT BEACH, California (August 18, 2014) - PIMCO, a leading global investment management firm, has hired Mohsen Fahmi as Managing Director and Generalist Portfolio Manager focusing on global fixed income assets. He will report to Mihir Worah, Deputy Chief Investment Officer.
“Mohsen is a tremendous addition to our global portfolio management team,” said Mr. Worah. “The breadth of his experience and his passion for investing will serve our clients well as they continue to expect PIMCO to deliver superior returns in a New Neutral world.”
Mr. Fahmi is joining from Moore Capital Management where he served in various capacities, most recently as a senior portfolio manager. He will begin with PIMCO on September 2.
In addition to Mr. Fahmi, PIMCO has hired senior talent across its broad investment platform throughout this year, further strengthening capabilities in fixed income, asset allocation and alternatives in the United States and globally.
Recent hires include:
- Sudi Mariappa, Managing Director and Generalist Portfolio Manager
- Paul McCulley, Managing Director and Chief Economist, a new role for the firm
- Geraldine Sundstrom, Managing Director and Portfolio Manager who will assume a leadership role in asset allocation
- Rick Chan, Executive Vice President and Portfolio Manager focused on interest rate derivative strategies
- Jason Goldberg, Executive Vice President and Portfolio Manager focused on equity derivative strategies
- Harley Bassman, Executive Vice President and Portfolio Manager focused on volatility trading
- Ethan Schwartz, Executive Vice President and Portfolio Manager focused on distressed credit
Mr. Fahmi has spent eleven years at Moore Capital Management in both London and New York, serving in various capacities, most recently as a senior portfolio manager. His tenure at Moore included three years as its Chief Operating Officer. Prior to that, Mr. Fahmi worked for a number of investment banks including Salomon Brothers, Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan. He also held a number of positions at the World Bank where he actively managed its investment portfolios. Mr. Fahmi graduated from Ain Shams University in Cairo with a B.S. in Civil Engineering, Ohio State University with an M.S. in Civil Engineering and Stanford University with an MBA.