London, 14 November 2016 -- The PIMCO Foundation Europe, the London based charitable arm of global investment management firm PIMCO, has awarded £140,000 in grants to 14 organisations serving some of the most vulnerable and at-risk populations in the UK.
“PIMCO is committed to giving back to our local communities and helping those less fortunate than ourselves. To this end, we are honoured to support excellent programmes that drive impact and reflect our corporate values,” said Craig Dawson, Head of EMEA and Chairman of the PIMCO Foundation Europe Board. “We are proud to work alongside our charitable partners to make a meaningful difference here in London and beyond.”
The Grant Programme aligns with the PIMCO Foundation’s mission to Engage, Empower and Invest in individuals and communities across the globe. The UK Programme seeks to support organisations that are addressing economic development and critical community needs across the UK.
The Foundation’s Grant Programme giving themes are:
- Food security and programmes focused on providing children and families with access to healthy, nutritious meals
- Homelessness and programmes that equip individuals and families at risk of, or currently experiencing, homelessness with access to long-term, sustainable housing
- Youth employment and work-readiness organisations that focus on driving social mobility and developing young people’s employability skills
The 2016 grants were awarded to:
- Bench Outreach, London
- Bengali Workers' Association, London
- Bolton Lads and Girls Club, Bolton
- Caritas Anchor House, London
- Dame Kelly Holmes Trust, London
- Direct Help and Advice, Derbyshire
- FareShare, London
- Future Frontiers, London
- Leonard Cheshire Disability, London
- Lewisham Youth Theatre, London
- Sport 4 Life UK, Birmingham
- The Marylebone Project, London
- West London Day Centre, London
- Yellow Submarine, Oxford
Leadership Circle Award
Grantees were invited to a PIMCO Foundation Grant Celebration Event in London on 8 November where they met with members of the PIMCO Foundation Board, PIMCO employees and other grant recipients. As a part of the event, one charitable organisation was highlighted as the recipient of the Foundation’s Leadership Circle Award. Through this award, the PIMCO Foundation seeks to honour organisations poised to drive social change and progress. Recipients of this award are organisations adept at growing their impact and demonstrating ingenuity while maintaining their quality and increasing their results. The 2016 Leadership Circle Award recipient was The West London Day Centre.
Other 2016 Giving
Outside of the Grant Programme, the PIMCO Foundation in EMEA supports charities through a range of other initiatives. In 2016, the Foundation committed £560,000 in support of charitable organisations through its Volunteer and Disaster Assistance Programmes, Employee Choice Awards and also an Employee Match Programme which offers employees the chance to double their donations to charities.
Now in year six of an eight year $4.5 million commitment, the Foundation also maintains an ongoing strategic partnership with global NGO TechnoServe. Included in this partnership is the Emerging Enterprise Programme, an international volunteer assignment where PIMCO employees spend up to eight weeks in countries such as El Salvador, Nicaragua and Peru, working alongside TechnoServe and local entrepreneurs, helping build and scale their businesses.