PIMCO Foundation Globally
Since established in 2000, the three global PIMCO Foundations have granted more than $49 million* to support nonprofit organizations worldwide. In 2018, the PIMCO Foundation declared its focus areas of hunger and gender equality, in alignment with UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) 2 and 5.
- Hunger: In May 2018, PIMCO entered a partnership with The Global Foodbanking Network (GFN), a global nonprofit organization that alleviates world hunger through launching and strengthening food banks, with an initial investment of $1 million. In 2019, PIMCO re-committed with a $2 million grant to GFN to help address food scarcity challenges. In response to COVID-19, PIMCO deployed $2.6 million in support of their COVID-19 relief efforts, much of this directed to emergency food relief programs and NGOs. Read more >
- Gender Equality: PIMCO has a long track record of supporting organizations that work to move the needle on gender equality, including financially supporting and investing our employee expertise in NOMI Network and Women for Women International, as well as providing volunteer engagement and advocacy efforts for CAMFED, GirlUp, Room to Read and SHE-CAN. In 2020, PIMCO entered into a partnership with the Pulitzer Center, an award-winning and innovative journalism association. Our partnership furthers the Pulitzer Center’s reporting on gender equality issues and supports the organization’s educational outreach. Read more >
When disasters occur, PIMCO responds to bring relief to families and communities in need. Our disaster response aims to align with our global priorities of SDG 2 and SDG 5, by directing funding to organizations providing food products to address hunger during emergencies. Our most recent disaster efforts provided support in response to COVID-19, racial equity and justice, Australian bushfires, Brazil flooding and Hurricane Dorian.
Through the employee match program, PIMCO employees can have their financial donations to qualified nonprofits matched 1:1. PIMCO is proud to support the generosity of employees who give back to the community and, through this program, individual giving can go even further. Moreover, employees have the opportunity to connect with and support organizations doing good works in communities across the globe.
Local Grants Program
We believe in operating globally but also in supporting local organizations in the communities in which we live and work. Since establishing the PIMCO Foundation in 2000, we have worked to support hundreds of local nonprofits. Our foundations in the U.S., U.K. and Germany support local communities via local grant programs.
Our U.S. local grants program is not currently accepting applications, and proposals will be solicited by the PIMCO Foundation team.
Focus areas include:
- Homelessness: We aim to support organizations that provide temporary residence to families and individuals experiencing homelessness. We will consider programs that offer emergency shelter and transitional housing – both with supportive services.
- College and career readiness: Through our college readiness funding efforts, we will support programming that prepares underserved youth academically for education beyond high school. Through career readiness, we aim to invest in job and entrepreneurship training that will lead young adults to quality employment.
Our UK local grants programmes are not currently accepting applications, and proposals will be solicited by the PIMCO Foundation team.
- Homelessness/rough sleeping: As a firm that believes in contributing to the emergency needs in communities where our employees work and live, we seek to support organisations that are addressing the needs of the homeless and rough sleepers in London, particularly in Westminster where we are located.
If you’re interested in learning more, please reach out to Purpose@pimco.com.